River Falls Municipal Court
Mission Statement: To hear and decide in a fair and efficient manner all non-criminal traffic and City ordinance cases. Our court believes that accomplishing this goal results in the greater respect for our system of law by the citizens who appear in court
River Falls Municipal Court represents the judicial branch of government and handles all citations issued by the River Falls Police Department, Fire Department, and Inspection Department for traffic and non-traffic ordinance violations. The primary function of the River Falls Municipal Court is to administer justice and hold individuals accountable for their actions when found guilty.
The City of River Falls is served by a municipal court that adjudicates all municipal ordinance actions. The actions taken are related to:
Judge June H. Cicero
Contact us at: Court Staff:
Phone: 715-426-3430 Deputy Clerk of Court: Cindy
Municipal Court Office Hours
Monday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (closed for lunch from 12-1 PM)
Court is held every Wednesday of the month. Please check the schedule below to confirm date and time.
- You may mail your fine payment to the River Falls Municipal Court at 222 Lewis Street, River Falls, WI 54022. Please be sure to include your citation number with your payment. Do not mail cash. Make checks or money orders payable to: CITY OF RIVER FALLS
- You may pay your fine in person at the Municipal Court window. Pay by cash, check, or money order. Please note the hours above. For after hours payments, use the drop box in the City Hall parking lot off Lewis Street.
- If you fail to pay a fine, the Court may suspend your driving privilege or take other action.
Instructions for Credit Card Payment.
Deadline: Check the date due on your judgment. All fines must be paid on time so that a license suspension or time in jail will not be carried out.
Before your Court Date, You May:
- Pay your fine.
- Request time to pay. This may be done in person or over the phone.
- Enter a plea of not guilty. CLICK HERE for instructions on the form to use for submitting a plea of NOT GUILTY. Please print the form, fill it out completely and mail or FAX the form to the Clerk of Court.
Instruction Sheet for Plea of Not Guilty Form
Purpose of the form: To enter a plea of not guilty and receive a pretrial date.
How to use the form: The original form must be filed with the Court. To file the Not Guilty form you may do one of the following:
- Mail the form to:
River Falls Municipal Court
222 Lewis Street Suite 102
River Falls, WI 54022
- FAX the form to the Clerk of Court at (715) 425-0233
- Bring the form to the Court in person. (please note window hours)
- We must receive this form at least 24 hours prior to the court date listed on your citation. You do not have to appear in court if we receive the form on time.
- Once the Court has received the form, a pretrial conference with the City Attorney will be scheduled. It is extremely important that the form is filled out completely. We will need to contact you by phone to schedule a pretrial. Once the pretrial has been scheduled, a confirmation will be mailed to you, advising you of the date and time of the pretrial.
We must receive this form at least 24 hours prior to the court date listed on your citation. You do not have to appear in court if we receive the form on time.
Once the Court has received the form, a pretrial conference with the City Attorney will be scheduled. It is extremely important that the form is filled out completely. We will need to contact you by phone to schedule a pretrial. Once the pretrial has been scheduled, a confirmation will be mailed to you, advising you of the date and time of the pretrial.
ADA COMPLIANCE: The River Falls Municipal Court does not discriminate on the basis of disability. Upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate disabled individuals in need of customer service. For more information or to request assistance, please call 715-426-3430