Upcoming Election Schedules
Polling Places open at 7:00 am and close at 8:00 pm.
- Spring Primary Election - Tuesday, Feb. 18
- Spring Election & Presidential Primary - Tuesday, Apr. 7
- Fall Primary Election - Tuesday, Aug. 11
- Presidential Election - Tuesday, Nov. 3
- Spring Primary Election - Tuesday, Feb. 16
- Spring Election - Tuesday, Apr. 6
- Spring Primary Election - Tuesday, Feb. 15
- Spring Election - Tuesday, Apr. 5
- Fall Primary Election - Tuesday, Aug. 9
- General Election - Tuesday, Nov. 8
Regularly Scheduled Elections
Primary held on the third Tuesday in February to nominate non-partisan candidates to be voted for at the Spring Election.
State Statute 5.02(22)
Election held on the first Tuesday in April to elect judicial, educational, and municipal officers, and non-partisan county officers, and to express preferences for the person to be the presidential candidate for each party in presidential election years.
State Statute 5.02(21)
Primary held in even-numbered years on the second Tuesday in August, to nominate candidates to be voted for at the General Election, and to determine which candidates for state offices other than district attorney may participate in the Wisconsin election campaign fund.
State Statute 5.02(12s)
Election held in even-numbered years on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November to elect United States senators, representatives to congress, presidential electors, state senators, representatives to the assembly, district attorneys, state officers other than the state superintendent and judicial officers, and county officers other than supervisors and county executives.
State Statute 5.02(5)
- District 1, Ward 1-4, 15 – River Falls Library, Lower Level Meeting Room
- District 1, Ward 5 – River Falls Library, Main Level Meeting Room
- District 2, Wards 9-11 – UWRF, Student Center
- District 3, Wards 6-8 – River Falls City Hall, Lower Level Training Room
- District 4, Wards 12-14 – River Falls High School, Media Center
A map of the districts and wards can be found here.
The City Clerk administers all aspects of the electoral and voting process in the City of River Falls, and is charged with ensuring the electoral process is fair, accurate, impartial, and conducted in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin.
A reminder to all our residents: The City Clerk's Office does not mail voter registration or absentee voting applications unless requested. You may receive various mailings from groups mass mailing applications. Many times the applications are not current or do not contain all the necessary requirements.