- Performance Stage
- Picnic Tables
- Water Fountain
Veterans Park is located near the center of downtown. The park is located between Main Street to the east and the Kinnickinnic River to the west. Immediately to the west is an access to the Riverwalk and Heritage Park via the pedestrian bridge.
As the name states, this park is dedicated to the men and women from River Falls that served in the United States Armed Services. A stone memorial, incorporated into the landscaping, serves as a reminder of their service to our country. A flagpole in the park has been located at this site for over 100 years; the first one was a wooden flagpole installed by the Women's Improvement League in 1904.
The current design of Veterans Park, featuring winding pathways, benches, flower gardens, an amphitheater, and boulders, was designed pro bono by local urban Designer/Landscape Architect/Sculptor Bonnie Rubinstein with input from the community and the Rotary Club along with engineering specifications by Gil Design. The design was approved by Park Board in 2004. Fundraising efforts were led by the Rotary Club in conjunction with the St. Croix Foundation, the latter being instrumental in establishing the non-profit status for the park project to raise funds. Veterans Park was re-dedicated in November of 2005.
The 13’ tall aluminum sculpture was installed in Veterans Park in 2007. The Milwaukee-based artist, Richard Taylor, is a sculptor and painter with a BA in Art History and MFA in Painting and Drawing from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He has a number of both indoor and outdoor sculptures installed around the United States. The approximate cost was $29,000 which was raised by local fundraising.
Veterans Park hosts "Music in the Park" during the summer and is an excellent area for artists to display their work.