- Use of this site is for City residents only.
- In order to use the site, residents will need to provide a recent RFMU utilities billing statement and photo ID.
- Allowable material is limited to yard waste and brush (no stumps).
- Please use good housekeeping and do not bring unwanted or banned materials to the site.
- Remember to remove material from plastic and other non-compostable bags. A dumpster is provided for disposal of these items for your convenience.
- Compost and woodchips are available at the site for City residents on a first-come, self-serve basis.
The compost site is open April through November. Hours may vary. Except for specific occasions (e.g. Christmas tree collection), the site will be closed from December through March. The compost site is closed on holidays.
For more information or questions regarding the City's brush/compost site, contact Erica Ellefson, Public Works Manager, at 715-426-3406 or by email.
The compost site closed for the 2022 season on Tuesday, Nov. 29. Keep an eye out for 2023 operating hours to be posted in the spring.
Additional County Resources
Below please find additional resources available for residents through Pierce and/or St. Croix County.